Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My new brother...


Well, it seems the cat is out of the bag..or should I say the puppy is out of the clink. I got to experience my first day at work with my co-worker and family member “Rome”. Rome is a very nice puppy and while I enjoy playing with him very much, having him in my space is another matter. I lay down on my bed....he tries to lay down with me. GRRR! Stacia gives me a C.E.T. Chew, he needs one too. GRRR! I decide to lay down under the desk, he decides to join me. Baring my teeth and GRRRR!

“Pike no”!


Clients come in and I knowing how to do this, stand up on the desk and smile and greet them. They are looking down at Rome! WHAT is going on here? What unusual markings he has! Oh isn’t he so sweet. Yes you are, yes you are. He is just adorable! He is so lucky, yes you are, yes you are!
You are too Pike, (after thought)!


Ok, now listen here, he is gross! He has mange and he stinks! He is like Bambi on ice when he runs and he and is out of control. So what if he learned to sit, shake, and lay down in a week? As if to add insult to injury, that song comes on about every dog having his day, like 5 times today. I think that the cosmos is laughing at me! First the cat hijacks my column and now I have to share the front-end duties with some youngster, who has no idea what he is doing except, that he looks cute doing it. Well I, for one am not ok with this new found family member. Look after the puppy Pike, take care of the puppy, show the puppy the ropes. GRRRR! Well, I am not sure why we needed a new puppy- it is not like I am old. My mom said she thought it would be nice for me to have a friend to play with. I told her friends go home after school. They don’t sleep on your bed and eat your snacks. They don’t take over your life and hope you are ok with it. She said “you’re right Pike, they don’t, but Rome is not your friend he is your family”. Well, we will see about that. Maybe I will teach Rome how to play in traffic. Ruff!