Friday, April 12, 2013

B.A.N.A.N.A.S



B.A.N.A.N.A.S!!! I love them in the morning. In the afternoon. I love them in the evening! Yes, oh yes, I do... ooooh! The other day the very nice men who take care of my yard chopped down one of the banana trees and left the giant bunch for my family to hang up when we got home. I knew this could only mean 2 things. First my family would peel all the bananas and freeze them. Second they would make the most wonderful smoothies ever. I waited patiently in the kitchen while my dad started to peel the ripe, firm bananas. I knew there would be imperfect pieces that were just perfect for me, and sure enough banana chunks fell from the heavens. Dad tossed me a couple odd pieces and then dropped a whole one by accident. I cleaned it up before my mom saw and dad gave me the good boy look, and I knew it was our little secret. I also knew that for mom having a peanut butter banana smoothie for dinner is one of her favorite things and that meant I got to lick the spoon. I also know that is very hard to talk with a mouth full of peanut butter. That’s ok, I can be the silent handsome type on occasion.

I don’t know about you, but for peanut butter and bananas I will do just about anything. Speaking of doing anything for the things you love... I actually have a little something to share with you. Our family, ok my nana and papa to be exact got a new dog. Yep they did, and it was love at first sight. They went to the Hawaii Island Humane Society’s “Tropical Paws” event and came home with a new family member. I heard she is a looker for sure and I also hear she can chew a mean shoe. She sounds like my kind of girl. I heard that the event was a huge success and that the food was amazing. Mom and dad seemed to have a good time and I heard my mom looked stunning. Ok, so dad is biased but that’s what he said “honey you look stunning.” My little human sister was dressed up in a beautiful magenta dress and I heard she danced the night away. It is always so fun to see everyone come home happy and excited. I think next year I should get to go since I am a HIHS success story after all. Then my parents might feel obligated to bring Rome and we all know we can’t take him anywhere.

I have some more exciting news to share as well. The hospital’s pet portal is up and running. If we have your email address we can send you out a link to log in. You can go to our website www.keauhouvet.com and log in from there as well. You can go online and see when all of your pets are due to come see my dad. There is a way to update addresses, phone numbers and even upload photos of your pets right to their file. You can request appointment times and medication requests from the comfort of your house anytime day or night. You can even have it send you an email or a text when your appointment is due. Which reminds me -- Sentinel is back and better then ever! It is also half the price of Trifexis. It does heartworm and immature stages of the flea, as well hookworms, round worms and whip worms. For those pets that can’t seem to take Trifexis and have been waiting for Sentinel’s return, your wait is over. We have a limited supply while they are rolling out the new product but you can rest assured we have enough of all sizes right now to get us through. Come in today and get your 6 packs or single doses. Remember this is an FDA regulated product and it is only available by prescription. Your pet must have a current heartworm test within the last year.

There is so much happening around here and I only have a little space to tell you it all so I guess this will have to do for now. Just one more thing before I forget, I wanted to tell my good buddy Olive congrats on her new little human sister. I heard she is a beauty. I can’t wait to meet her; my mom and dad came home raving about how sweet she is. Until then I guess I will head downstairs and sample the fresh baked bread, I know mom forgot to put away. It goes perfect with bananas and peanut butter. Now if I only knew how to work the stove I would make myself a grilled peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich (I heard it was Elvis Presley’s favorite). Grilled peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich -- no wonder he got to be The King; he had great taste. There is nothing wrong with good taste right? 

~RUFF!